CRC 806 - Project Affiliation:
Climatic and Environmental Changes in the Upper Pleistocene – Middle Holocene of the Iberian Peninsula
Integrated Research Training Group (IRTG)
- Geochemistry and sedimentology
- Heinrich Events
- Quaternary geology
Ph.D. Research Topic:
Multi-proxy analysis (physical and geochemical) of sediments and soils from lacustrine and lagoonal sites in Portugal for palaeoclimatological reconstruction
Supervisor: Prof. dr. Martin Melles
Advisor: Prof. dr. Klaus Reicherter
Since 2014: Ph.D. student at Institute for Geology and Mineralogy, University of Cologne.
2011/2013, Master Applied Environmental Geoscience, VU University Amsterdam
- Master’s Thesis: Millennial scale climate variability in Heinrich layers in the North Atlantic during the last 53,000 years.
- Research Project: Development of coastal West-Brabant during the Holocene and the influence of the River Scheldt.
2009/ 2011, Bachelor Earth Sciences, VU University Amsterdam
- Bachelor Thesis: Correlation between weathering state of fluvial sediments and the age of the river terraces of the Garonne in France.
2008/2009, Propedeuse Climate & Environment, The Hague University
Sep 2007/Jan 2008, German Language and Culture, University Leiden
Sep 2006/Jan 2007, Forest and Nature Management, Inholland Delft
2005/2006, Earth Sciences, VU University Amsterdam
Field Work / Research Assignments:
- Supervision of the 1st year Bachelor field campaign to West-Brabant, the Netherlands
- Supervision of the 2nd year Bachelor field campaign to the Jura, France
- PhD student at the Universität zu Köln
Ph.D. Student at the Unversität zu Köln